Any Colorado resident or student in-state attending a Colorado college or university may obtain a free Denver Public Library Card.
Registering online for an eCard allows you to place holds and provides immediate access to hundreds of useful research databases, as well as the following eMedia resources:
|Bookflix for Kids|
* Kanopy is available to Denver residents only.
eCards expire after 4 years. Present a picture ID at any Denver Public Library location, prior to expiration, to ensure continued access to library eMedia resource accounts and to extend your privileges with a permanent library card.
Permanent Library Card
A permanent card is required to:
- Check out library materials - watch our video tutorial on using the self check out machines
- Request library materials from other library systems
- Use a Denver Public Library computer*
- Reserve museum and cultural passes
Applicants 13 and under must be accompanied by a parent or guardian with picture ID and proof of address to receive a full privilege library card.
*A library card is required to reserve and use library computers, with the exception of 15 minute express computers. Customers who are unable to provide proof of Colorado address may be issued a Computer User Card, valid at all DPL Locations.
Other Types of Cards
- Youth, ages 5-18, who sign up for a MY Denver Card at Denver Parks and Recreation, may activate it for library use
- Businesses and Organizations may apply for a shared Group/Business Card
- Educators who reside or work in Denver may apply for an Educator Card
For the complete list of features and benefits see more about your library card account.