Any Colorado resident or student in-state attending a Colorado college or university may obtain a free Denver Public Library Card.
Register online to:
- Place holds on (request) materials in the online catalog
- Download eBooks, Audio eBooks, Magazines and stream movies
- Stream and download local music from Volume Denver
- Search research databases
Online registration remains active for 4 years.
A permanent library card is required to:
- Check out library materials - watch our video tutorial on using the self check out machines
- Request library materials from other library systems
- Use a Denver Public Library internet computer
- Reserve museum and cultural passes
To receive your permanent library card, present photo identification and verification of Colorado address at any of our locations. Applicants 13 and under must be accompanied by a parent or guardian with picture ID and proof of address.
Other types of cards:
- Children, ages 5-18, who sign up for a MY Denver Card at Denver Parks and Recreation may activate it for library use
- Businesses and Organizations may apply for a shared Group/Business card