Reserve a Room
- A permanent library card is required to reserve community rooms.
- Minimum attendance for community room reservations is four people.
- No person or group may assign its reservation to another person or group. Cancellations will be accepted from the original applicant only.
- Community rooms can be reserved no less than 24 hours in advance of the present time, and up to 30 days out from the present date.
- Reservations are limited to four times a month per customer.
- The library has the right to preempt any reservation for library use. In the event of a cancellation, library staff will notify the responsible party with as much notice as possible.
Additional Details and Guidelines
- Private parties (baby showers, wedding showers, birthday parties, memorial services, wakes, retirement parties, graduation parties, etc.) are not permitted in branch community rooms.
- Community rooms may not be reserved or used for programs which would disturb library customers, impede library staff, endanger the library building or interfere with functions of the library.
- Organizers may charge for admission to the programs they present in meeting spaces they reserve with prior confirmation with library staff. Sales of related books, music and/or products are permitted and all such sales are the sole responsibility of the booking organization.
- Equipment, supplies or personal effects cannot be stored in the library’s facilities before or after use.
- Reservations at branch library locations are available only during normal hours of operation up to 30 minutes before closing time, and your reservation time must include all room setup, take-down, and cleanup. There will be no access to the space until the start of your reserved time. Meeting spaces must be vacated and left clean 30 minutes prior to closing time.
- If a reserved community room is not in use 15 minutes after the meeting start time, the library will make the room available to other groups.
- A representative from the reserving group is required to check in with library staff when they arrive and when they are finished in the space.
- Tables and chairs are provided. AV equipment is available at some locations; however, technical support is not provided. Office supplies are also not available.
- Free wifi is available at all Denver Public Library locations.
- Applicants may schedule time with the branch to test the equipment in the community room.
- Light refreshments may be served (coffee, doughnuts, cookies, fruit, etc.). Simple box lunches, prepackaged food and catered food with a valid catering license are allowed.
- Open flames are not allowed. Cooking or warming food is not allowed in community rooms.
- Signage is not allowed outside of the community room. Signage inside the community room may not be affixed to any surface.
- Please include the following statement on all promotional materials, including, but not limited to, signs/posters, flyers/mailings, press releases, online promotions, etc.: “This event is not sponsored by Denver Public Library. For more information, please contact [insert your organization’s contact information]."
- Rental of the entire branch cannot be accommodated.
- Library staff or representatives may enter premises at any time and on any occasion.
- The library reserves the right to charge a cleaning fee if rooms are not left clean.
- The library reserves the right to deny future community room use based on (but not limited to) reservation no-shows, remaining in community room beyond the reserved time, documented misuse of the community room or damage or mess left from use of the community room.
- Check with staff at the branch for information about parking.
- Guidelines are subject to change.