Reserve a Room
Important: Online Reservations Must Be Confirmed Within Four (4) Days
- Your room reservation is not approved until you call or visit the library branch to confirm and make payment. Fee-exempt City agencies and RNOs must call to confirm their reservation even if payment is not required.
- You have four (4) days to complete this process after submitting the online reservation form.
- Failure to confirm and make payment within four (4) days of submitting the reservation form will result in automatic cancellation.
Fees to Reserve a Space
- The fee to reserve a space at a branch is $10 per hour for all groups and organizations. Fees are nonrefundable and nontransferable unless the library initiates a cancellation. The full hourly rate is charged whether or not the full 60 minutes is used.
- While City and County of Denver agency and Registered Neighborhood Organization meetings are fee-exempt, they must still confirm over the phone or in person with the meeting location’s branch staff within four (4) days of submitting the online reservation.
- Submit total rental fees to the branch library where the meeting is being held within four (4) days after making the reservation. You can pay in person by check, cash, or credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover), or over the phone with a credit card. We do not accept online payment at this time. If paying by check, make payable to “Manager of Finance.”
- Please note that a meeting space reservation is not approved until you call or visit the library branch to confirm and payment is received.
- Private parties are allowed only at the Central Library event spaces and after hours at Blair-Caldwell African American Research Library and the Sam Gary Branch Library. Please contact the specific locations for pricing.
Advance Reservation Dates
- Reservations must be 24 hours in advance and up to 90 days in advance.
Additional Details and Guidelines
- Responsible party is in charge of setup, supplies, take-down and cleanup. Tables and chairs are provided. AV equipment is available at some locations however technical support is not provided. Office supplies are not available.
- Free Wi-fi is available at all DPL locations.
- Reservations at branch library locations are available only during normal hours of operation, and your reservation time must include all room setup, take-down, and cleanup. There will be no access to the space until the start of your reserved time. Meeting spaces cannot be reserved within 30 minutes of closing time.
- Exceptions to reservations outside normal hours of operation include the Central Library, Blair-Caldwell African American Research Library and Sam Gary Branch Library. For information about Central, contact the Event Coordinator at 720-865-2045. For information about Blair-Caldwell and Sam Gary, call the main number for the branch.
- Alcoholic beverages are allowed only at Blair-Caldwell African American Research Library and Central Library event spaces with prior approval and the appropriate liquor liability insurance.
- Signage is not allowed outside of the meeting space. Signage inside the meeting space may not be affixed to any surface.
- Meeting attendees must enter through the main entrance to the branch.
- Rental of the entire branch cannot be accommodated.
- Check with staff at branch for information about parking.