Reserve a Room
Fees to Reserve a Space
- The fee to reserve a space at a branch is $10 per hour for all groups and organizations. Fees are nonrefundable and nontransferable unless the library initiates a cancellation. The full hourly rate is charged for portions of hours the room is used. The following exceptions apply: City and County of Denver agency meetings and Registered Neighborhood Organization meetings. These organizations must still confirm with branch staff where the meeting is scheduled within four (4) days after making the reservation.
- Submit total rental fees to the branch where the meeting is being held within four (4) days after making the reservation. You can pay by check, cash, or credit card. If paying by check, make payable to “Manager of Finance”. Please note that a meeting space reservation is not finalized until payment is remitted.
- Private parties are allowed only at the Central Library event spaces and after hours at Blair-Caldwell African American Research Library and the Sam Gary Branch Library. Please contact the specific locations for pricing.
Advance Reservation Dates
- Reservations must be 24 hours in advance and up to 90 days in advance.
Additional Details and Guidelines
- Responsible party is in charge of setup, supplies, take-down and cleanup. Tables and chairs are provided. AV equipment is available at some locations however technical support is not provided. Office supplies are not available.
- Free Wi-fi is available at all DPL locations.
- Space at branch locations is available only during normal hours of operation. Exceptions include the Central Library, Blair-Caldwell African American Research Library and Sam Gary Branch Library. For information about Central, contact the Event Coordinator at 720-865-2045. For information about Blair-Caldwell and Sam Gary, call the main number for the branch.
- Alcoholic beverages are allowed only at Blair-Caldwell African American Research Library and Central Library event spaces with prior approval and the appropriate liquor liability insurance.
- Reservations must include room setup, take-down and cleanup. Responsible party or attendees will not have access to the meeting space until the reserved time. Meeting spaces must be vacated and left clean 30 minutes prior to closing time.
- Signage is not allowed outside of the meeting space. Signage inside the meeting space may not be affixed to any surface.
- Meeting attendees must enter through the main entrance to the branch.
- Rental of the entire branch cannot be accommodated.
- Check with staff at branch for information about parking.