The labs at the Hampden Branch, the Sam Gary Branch, the Rodolfo "Corky" Gonzales Branch, and the Montbello Branch libraries are open to the public for drop-in all-ages making! At these locations, open lab will be from 1 PM - 5:30 PM Tuesday through Friday, and 12 PM - 4:30 PM on Saturdays.
The Hadley ideaLAB will have open lab from 10 AM - 12 PM and 3:30 PM - 5:30 PM Tuesday through Friday, and 1:30 PM - 4:30 PM on Saturdays.
The SM Energy ideaLAB at the Central Library will remain closed for the time being while the building is undergoing renovations.
We will have hand sanitizer and cleaning supplies available that we will encourage everyone to use, and masks and gloves for anyone who might wish to use them.
For the time being, our audio recording studios will be closed to the public.
What is an ideaLAB?
ideaLABs are makerspaces: free community spaces to make things. Do you need to produce videos, create games, make music, or learn about electronics? We aim to provide the tools and resources you need to make your projects happen. The tools available varies from lab to lab - please check the equipment and software lists to find the space that has what you need. The lab is free to anyone – no library card necessary!
Where are they and when are they open?
There are ideaLABs across the Denver Public Library system. Equipment varies by location.
- Hadley ideaLAB
- Hampden ideaLAB
- Montbello ideaLAB
- Rodolfo "Corky" Gonzales ideaLAB
- SM Energy ideaLAB at the Central Library
- Sam Gary ideaLAB
Learn Something New
Tired of screens and videos? We're producing Make It Cards in English and Spanish - project ideas using easy-to-find supplies. Find them distributed at our bookmobile visits, on our Instructables page, or download one here:
- Bookbinding / Encuadernado Con Bolsa De Papel
- DIY Watercolors / Bricolaje de Pintura de Acuarela
- Rock Painting / Pintando Piedras
- Cardboard Box Foosball / Futbolín Hecho Con Caja De Cartón
- Cardboard Tube Critters / Criaturas Hechos Con Tubos de Papel Higiénico
- Paperboard Mosaics/ Mosaicos de Cartón
- Cardboard Loom/Telar de Cartón
- Mini Cardboard Cornhole/Cornhole Cartón en Miniatura
- Macrame Plant Holder/Colgador de Plantas en Macramé
- Drypoint Printmaking/Grabado a Punta Seca
Meet Other Makers
Join the ideaLAB Facebook group to share projects, learn about upcoming events, and talk with other local makers.