The labs at the Hadley Branch, Hampden Branch, Montbello Branch, Rodolfo "Corky" Gonzales Branch, and the Sam Gary Branch libraries are open to the public for drop-in all-ages making! At these locations, open lab will be from 1 PM - 5:30 PM Tuesday through Friday, and 12 PM - 4:30 PM on Saturdays.
The SM Energy ideaLAB at the Central Library will remain closed for the time being while the building is undergoing renovations.
We have relaunched our Maker-in-Residence program! To learn more or for a link to our application for potential makers in residence, please visit this page.
What is an ideaLAB?
ideaLABs are makerspaces: free community spaces to make things. Do you need to produce videos, create games, make music, or learn about electronics? We aim to provide the tools and resources you need to make your projects happen. The tools available varies from lab to lab - please check the equipment and software lists to find the space that has what you need. The lab is free to anyone – no library card necessary!
Where are they and when are they open?
There are ideaLABs across the Denver Public Library system. Equipment varies by location.
- Hadley ideaLAB
- Hampden ideaLAB
- Montbello ideaLAB
- Rodolfo "Corky" Gonzales ideaLAB
- SM Energy ideaLAB at the Central Library
- Sam Gary ideaLAB
Learn Something New
Tired of screens and videos? We're producing Make It Cards in English and Spanish - project ideas using easy-to-find supplies. Find them distributed at our bookmobile visits, on our Instructables page, or download one here:
- 红包 (hóngbāo), or Red Envelope (En Español | bằng tiếng việt)
- Bookbinding / Encuadernado Con Bolsa De Papel
- DIY Watercolors / Bricolaje de Pintura de Acuarela
- Rock Painting / Pintando Piedras
- Cardboard Box Foosball / Futbolín Hecho Con Caja De Cartón
- Cardboard Tube Critters / Criaturas Hechos Con Tubos de Papel Higiénico
- Paperboard Mosaics/ Mosaicos de Cartón
- Cardboard Loom/Telar de Cartón
- Mini Cardboard Cornhole/Cornhole Cartón en Miniatura
- Macrame Plant Holder/Colgador de Plantas en Macramé
- Drypoint Printmaking/Grabado a Punta Seca