The Sam Gary Branch Library ideaLAB is open year-round, and our open lab hours are all ages. Please note that due to limited staff, we are temporarily changing the way the Sam Gary ideaLAB operates. For the foreseeable future, we will offer fewer drop-in open lab hours each week, but will continue to offer times when popular equipment can be reserved for use. Please visit the branch or call 720-865-0325 to check equipment availability.
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday - Open lab hours 1 - 3 PM, 3:30 - 5:30 PM
- Friday, Saturday - Open lab hours 12:30 - 4:30 PM
- CLOSED Thursday, October 26 in observance of DPL Staff Training
- CLOSED Friday, November 10 in observance of Veterans' Day
What Equipment Can Be Reserved?
When we offer equipment reservations, the following workstations will be available to be booked for individual use:
- Laser cutter station (Mac desktop, Adobe Creative Suite). Please see the laser cutter FAQ for Information about acceptable materials
- 3D Printer station (Windows desktop, Lulzbot Mini 3D Printer). Please see the 3D printing FAQ for more information on how 3D printing works
- Recording Studio (Mac desktop, Scarlett audio interface, monitors, MIDI controller, and condenser microphone)
- Windows desktop with Cricut, Adobe Creative Suite
- Mac desktop with Cricut, Adobe Creative Suite, OR sewing machine
During the reservation-only time periods we will not be able to offer access to general craft supplies or other tools. We ask that you only make one reservation per week and limit your group size to two people per station. These reservations are intended to be mostly self-directed and are not an individual one-on-one appointment with staff. You will need a library card in order to reserve equipment.