This location remains closed for most public operations during the COVID-19 pandemic including ideaLAB services and appointments. Find out what services are available during the closure.
The Montbello ideaLAB is located in the Montbello Branch Library and is open year-round, and our open lab hours are all ages:
- Monday-Tuesday 3 p.m.-7:30 p.m.
- Wednesday-Friday 1 p.m.-5:30 p.m.
We also run workshops and programs — be sure to check the events & classes calendar regularly!
What's available in the Montbello ideaLAB?
The Montbello lab is fully equipped to help you produce digital media - movies, audio, digital images, and more - and filled with tools to help both kids and adults start tinkering and making.
- Lulzbot Mini 3D printer - please see the 3D printing FAQ for more information on how 3D printing works at the Montbello ideaLAB
- Music Studio, with audio interface, monitors, MIDI controller and condenser microphone
- 4 workstations - 2 PC, 2 Mac - with Adobe Creative Cloud and other design software
- 8 Chromebooks
- 2 iPads
- Digital embroidery machine
- Wacom Intuos drawing tablet
- LittleBits classroom kit
- 2 Cricut cutting machines
- Lego basic bricks
- 2 sewing machines
- 4 Arduino microcontrollers and assorted accessories
- Soldering iron
- and much more - come visit us!