The Montbello Branch Library ideaLAB will be closed Monday, December 4 for maintenance. We apologize for the inconvenience.
The Montbello ideaLAB is located in the Montbello Branch Library and is open year-round, with different hours for different ages:
- Kids (ages 8-11): Monday-Thursday, 3:30-5:30 p.m.
- Teens (ages 12-19): Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday 6-8 p.m., Friday 3:30-5:30 p.m.
- Adults: Wednesday 6-8 p.m.
- All Ages: Saturday 1-4 p.m.
We also run workshops and programs — be sure to check the events & classes calendar regularly!
What's available in the Montbello ideaLAB?
The Montbello lab is fully equipped to help you produce digital media - movies, audio, digital images, and more - and filled with tools to help both kids and adults start tinkering and making.
- Lulzbot Mini 3D printer - please see the 3D printing FAQ for more information on how 3D printing works at the Montbello ideaLAB
- Music Studio, with audio interface, monitors, MIDI controller and condenser microphone
- 6 workstations with Adobe Creative Cloud and other design software
- 10 Chromebooks
- 2 iPads
- Flatbed scanner
- Wacom Intuos drawing tablet
- LittleBits classroom kit
- Cricut Explore Air
- Lego basic bricks
- Sewing machine
- 4 Arduino microcontrollers and assorted accessories
- Soldering iron
- and much more - come visit us!