A strong community where everyone thrives.
Together, we create welcoming spaces where we are all free to explore and connect.
- WELCOMING We make our resources, services and expertise accessible for all, recognize the inherent dignity in each person, and provide safe places where everyone can be themselves.
- CURIOSITY We foster a culture of exploration, innovation and forward thinking by creating environments that support learning and growth.
- CONNECTION: We are neighbors. We foster relationships, listen and act to build and strengthen our community. We bring people together to share information, ideas and experiences. |
- EQUITY We work to change practices, structures and policies, and the attitudes that drive them, to provide opportunities for every person in our community to thrive. As we do so, we actively examine our roles in perpetuating inequitable systems.
- STEWARDSHIP We are accountable to our community, using our resources responsibly. We lead with honesty and integrity, protect privacy and preserve and share the full history of our Denver community.
2019 Strategic Initiatives
Charting the Course
Lead stakeholders including staff, Commission and community thought leaders to help analyze trends and data which in turn will be used to develop a future roadmap that guides strategic planning, budgeting and resource development for the next decade beginning in 2020.
Engage Denver communities by listening and better understanding people’s values and aspirations, through enhanced strategies including incubator sites, community conversations, outreach and mobile services. Develop staff training to build internal capacity to ensure Turning Outward practices are being used to make decisions that will ultimately empower our city, its neighborhoods and communities to thrive. Continue engaging strategic partners to take actions on community issues identified in community conversations held 2016–2018.
Implement recommendations and observations to increase positive customer interactions and deliver quality, consistent service at all locations and online. Strengthen our culture of listening to customers and commit to continually improving our services. Focus on building strong relationships with our community by creating a welcoming campaign.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
Conduct a perception survey with staff to understand the current needs of EDI in the organization. Results of the survey will inform the development of a comprehensive equity, diversity, and inclusion strategy.