All virtual and on-site services will be unavailable after 4 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 25 and all day Thursday, Nov. 26 in observance of the Thanksgiving Day holiday, as well as Friday, Nov. 27, 2020 for a city-mandated furlough.
While all buildings remain closed for most on-site operations during the COVID-19 pandemic, services available now include curbside holds pick and book drops at all locations, with the exception of Smiley and Byers. Please visit the library’s response to COVID-19 page for more information.
You can still use many of the library's resources even when the buildings are closed:
- Search the Library catalog
- Check your library card
- Download an eBook, Audio eBook or eFlick
- Stream or download free local music on Volume
- Read a magazine using RBdigital, a free service that offers full digital copies of your favorite magazines to view on a computer or mobile device
- Search our databases
- Chat with a librarian 24/7 or email a question
- Listen to streaming music from the Music Online, Classical Music Library, or Smithsonian Global Sound collections
- Browse our Recommendations section for books, movies and music resources
- Register for a library card online