Live remote services such as phone reference, eProgramming, and curbside holds pickup will be unavailable on Monday, October 19 for a City-mandated furlough day.
While all buildings remain closed for most on-site operations during the COVID-19 pandemic, services available now include curbside holds pick and book drops at all locations, with the exception of Smiley and Byers. Please visit the library’s response to COVID-19 page for more information.
You can still use many of the library's resources even when the buildings are closed:
- Search the Library catalog
- Check your library card
- Download an eBook, Audio eBook or eFlick
- Stream or download free local music on Volume
- Read a magazine using RBdigital, a free service that offers full digital copies of your favorite magazines to view on a computer or mobile device
- Search our databases
- Chat with a librarian 24/7 or email a question
- Listen to streaming music from the Music Online, Classical Music Library, or Smithsonian Global Sound collections
- Browse our Recommendations section for books, movies and music resources
- Register for a library card online