This list of free and low-cost technology resources was compiled by the Denver Digital Equity Coalition*.
Low-Cost Home Internet
- Comcast Internet Essentials
- Affordable, discounted home Internet service for those who qualify. Currently offering 60 days free service and increased speeds due to COVID-19.
- Phone: (855) 846-8376
- Spectrum Internet Assist
- Affordable, discounted home Internet service for those who qualify. Currently offering 60 days free service due to COVID-19.
- Phone: (844) 525-1574
Free Public Wireless Internet (WiFi)
To access open public WiFi internet, you must be within 100-300 feet of a location providing it. When you are in range, the network will show up in the available networks list on your device and allow you to connect to the WiFi. Remember to practice social distancing!
- Denver Public Libraries Available near all library sites or parking lots. Network: DPLWireless
- Denver Public Schools Available near DPS schools or parking lots. Network: DPS Guest
- City of Denver Available near some city buildings and parking lots. Network: DenverGuest Wifi
- Xfinity Public WiFi Hotspots Coverage varies across Denver. Network: xfinitywifi
- Comcast’s open public Xfinity WiFi hotspots are located in businesses and outdoor locations like parks, shopping areas and transportation platforms. If you see the “xfinitywifi” network name from your home, you are probably seeing a neighbor’s subscription Xfinity WiFi instead of an open public Xfinity hotspot so you may not be able to connect.
- Local businesses: Some businesses, like McDonald's and Starbucks, may also have free public WiFi accessible from their parking lots. WiFi network names and procedures vary.
Mobile Phone Tethering
Some personal mobile phones with data plans can be used as an internet hotspot, which means the data/internet from your phone can be used to connect other devices to the internet too. Many mobile providers, including T-Mobile, Sprint, and Verizon, have increased their data caps in response to COVID-19 which allows for more phone tethering options, but additional charges could apply, so refer to your service provider for more information.
Computers and Devices
PCs for People offers a variety of heavily discounted, low-cost devices (desktop computers, laptops, accessories, wireless hotspots) for those who qualify. You can order online or pick up at their Denver store. They also do low-cost computer repairs. Phone: 720-278-7725
Print, Scan and Fax
Staples stores are currently offering some free services, including:
- 50 free black & white copies
- 30 minutes free on computer workstations (cleaned thoroughly between uses)
- Free scanning & faxing
Get Technology Help and Support
Denver Public Library
- Chat with a Librarian
- Email a Librarian
- Phone a Librarian at 720-865-1111 (11 a.m - 3p.m., M-F)
- Teach Yourself Technology Resources
Senior Planet (for age 60+ only)
- Tech Help Hotline 303-281-7320 (Leave a message and someone will call you back within 24hrs)
- COVID-19 Tech Support and Events
Low-Cost Internet and Computer Offers
EveryoneOn Offer Locator Search for low-cost internet and computer offers in your area by using the EveryoneOn National Locator. Type in your zip code and answer a few questions to figure out what offers you may qualify for.
*The Denver Digital Equity Coalition is a group of local stakeholders, including representatives from a variety of city agencies and nonprofits, working collaboratively to address the digital divide and improve digital equity in the city of Denver.
Free and Low-Cost Tech Resources in Denver Printable PDF