Databases by Topic: Newspapers
ProQuest Historical Newspapers: Black Newspapers offers primary source material essential to the study of American history and Black culture, history, politics, and the arts. Each of the Historical Black Newspapers provides access to perspectives and information that was excluded or marginalized in mainstream sources. Examine major movements from the Harlem Renaissance to Civil Rights, and explore everyday life as written in the Chicago Defender, The Baltimore Afro-American, New York Amsterdam News, Pittsburgh Courier, Los Angeles Sentinel, Atlanta Daily World, The Norfolk Journal and Guide, The Philadelphia Tribune, Cleveland Call and Post, and Michigan Chronicle.
Comprehensive newspaper coverage of the African American experience from the early 18th century to the present day. Sourced from more than 19,000 American and global newspapers, including over 400 current and historical Black publications. Updated daily.
View current issues of the Denver Business Journal, the latest business news and the Book of Lists; search the archives of Business Journals throughout the country.
The experience and impact of Hispanic Americans as recorded by the news media, from 1704 to today. Draws from 17,000 resources, including 700 Spanish language newspapers. Updated daily.
Search or browse the full text of these major newspapers
- New York Times, June 1980-current
- Wall Street Journal, January 1984-current
- Chicago Tribune, January 1985-current
- Los Angeles Times, January 1985-current
- Washington Post, January 1987-current
New York Times Collection:
- Coverage: 1980 - present
- Full-text articles of the New York Times newspaper, including today’s issue.
Search includes these New York Times publications, with various date coverages: The Daily (Podcast), New York Times Late Edition (East Coast), New York Times Book Review, New York Times Español, New York Times Magazine, New York Times (Online), New York Times (Video).
- Coverage: 2008 - recent (up to 3-months ago)
- Full-page color scans of the New York Times provides researchers, genealogists, and scholars with cover-to-cover access to recent newspaper content. Full-text searchable.
- Coverage: 1851 - 2018
- Full-text and images in PDF format of the New York Times. Provides genealogists, researchers and scholars with online, first-hand accounts and coverage of the politics, society and events of the time.
Search the full-text of the Rocky Mountain News from 1990 to 2009.
Wall Street Journal Collection:
- Coverage: 1984 - present
- Full text article searching of the Wall Street Journal newspaper, including today’s issue.
- Search includes these Wall Street Journal publications: Wall Street Journal, Eastern edition, Wall Street Journal (Online).
- Coverage: 2008 - recent (up to 3 months ago)
- Full-page colored scans of The Wall Street Journal provide investors, researchers and scholars with cover-to-cover access to recent newspaper content. Full-text searchable.