The Denver Public Library Friends Foundation is looking for a volunteer to help support our mission of enriching our community by building support and raising money to enhance the library's programs and services by assisting with mail and data processing in an office setting.
You will be working directly with our manager of philanthropy – database and membership, by opening mail, data entry, letter printing and stuffing. This opportunity is for up to 15 hours per week, Monday–Friday, during the winter holiday season. It is anticipated that this volunteer opportunity will start on Monday, November 29, 2021, and end soon after the first of the year. On-site training provided in mid-September and again in late October.
- We're looking for someone with the following skills:
- Detail-oriented and quick learner
- Ability to take direction and ask questions
- Advanced computer skills, especially in data entry
- Familiarity with accounting/gift processing preferred
- Comfortable in an office setting
Must be able to pass a Colorado background check if the applicant has lived in Colorado for at least two years. If an applicant has not lived in Colorado for two years, then an out of state background check will be conducted. A signed volunteer agreement and confidentiality agreement will be required.