MakerCamp is a free week-long introduction to tools used in the ideaLAB for kids and teens (ages 8-16).
This summer we'll be working on a project to design and build the city of the future, and we'll help you create a video that shows off the final product.
- Monday, July 15: Bring Your Ideas to Life
- We'll make a plan, work through the design process, draw up a blueprint, and start the building process.
- Tuesday, July 16: Design for 3D Printing
- We'll use TinkerCAD to create models for objects that will then be 3D printed and featured in our city.
- Wednesday, July 17: Stitch It Together, Light it Up!
- We'll learn how to use a sewing machine to create a patchwork floor plan for our city and explore ways we can integrate LED lights into our project.
- Thursday, July 18: Set the Scene
- We'll explore high and low tech ways to add decoration, scenery, and accessories to our city.
- Friday, July 19: Movie Making
- We'll finish any final assembly of our city, then we'll use iPads and iMovie to create a promotional video, documentary, or story about what you've built.
Registration is required, but if you are unable to make a specific day of the week, please let us know.