Ideal Ages:8 to 16
MakerCamp is a free week-long introduction to tools used in the ideaLAB for kids and teens (ages 8-16).
This summer we'll be working on a project to design and build the city of the future, and we'll help you create a video that shows off the final product.
- Monday, July 15: Bring Your Ideas to Life
- We'll make a plan, work through the design process, draw up a blueprint, and start the building process.
- Tuesday, July 16: Design for 3D Printing
- We'll use TinkerCAD to create models for objects that will then be 3D printed and featured in our city.
- Wednesday, July 17: Stitch It Together, Light it Up!
- We'll learn how to use a sewing machine to create a patchwork floor plan for our city and explore ways we can integrate LED lights into our project.
- Thursday, July 18: Set the Scene
- We'll explore high and low tech ways to add decoration, scenery, and accessories to our city.
- Friday, July 19: Movie Making
- We'll finish any final assembly of our city, then we'll use iPads and iMovie to create a promotional video, documentary, or story about what you've built.
Registration is required, but if you are unable to make a specific day of the week, please let us know.
All virtual programs have automated voice to text captioning available. If the program you are attending is hosted with Google Meet, view these instructions. To request a sign language interpreter or live captions for a program hosted on Zoom or in person, contact SignLanguageServices@denvergov.org or 720-913-8487, with a three (3) business-day notice. For other public accommodation requests/concerns related to a disability, please contact DisabilityAccess@denvergov.org.