Does the library carry materials that can help me with job searching?
DPL has materials in several different formats (books, eBooks, DVDs, etc.) on different aspects related to finding work. Here is a list of some topics that relate to finding a job:
If you are looking only for items in certain formats, you may filter your search results using the Choose a format drop-down menu under the search bar. You can locate additional options to filter results on the left side of the results page. If you need further assistance using our catalog, please feel free to reach out and ask us.
Can I use DPL computers in my job search?
DPL offers some circulating technology, including Chromebooks and WiFi hotspots. View these items on our Library of Things page.
All DPL locations have public computers with internet access and select software (including Microsoft Word). All DPL locations offer public printing at low prices and free scanning to email. For those bringing their own devices, all DPL locations also have free wifi. For information on computer resources at a specific location, please contact that location directly.
Please note that due to ongoing construction, hours and services are limited at our Central Library. You may view open hours here.
Are there classes for job-seekers at the library?
- The Community Technology Center offers classes on Business & Employment topics. By selecting a specific class, you can see handouts, lesson plans, and other class materials.
- DPL provides job search classes, sometimes with community partners such as the Denver Workforce Centers. All upcoming Job Help classes can be viewed on our events calendar or ask us to help you learn about upcoming sessions.
- For immigrants, refugees, and asylees, our Cultural Inclusivity team offers programs and other support to connect New Americans to a broad array of informational resources.
Can I use the library to prepare for employment tests?
DPL collects both print and digital materials that allow job seekers to prepare for many major occupational tests.
- Search our catalog by using a keyword for a particular exam (e.g., firefighter exam), or browse all those categorized under our Study Guides subject.
- We also have digital versions of employment test preparation materials, which you may use your library card to access Learning Express Library: Career Center.
If you don't find what you're looking for, please ask us! We may be able to provide additional assistance in locating resources.
Is the library hiring?
- Denver Public Library Jobs are posted online every Friday across all job classifications. Select Current Job Openings at DPL to view opportunities and their individual requirements. All application materials must be submitted online.
How do I learn more about job searching?
If you're searching for a job, be sure to check out the DPL Guide for Jobseekers for more practical tips on searching and the application process.