Step 1: Search the Library Catalog
Not in our catalog? Proceed to Step 2.
Step 2: Search Prospector
Prospector is a combined catalog from other library collections near Denver. Not available from Prospector? Proceed to Step 3.
Step 3: Search WorldCat to place an Interlibrary Loan (ILL).
WorldCat is a collection of over 2 billion items from libraries across the world.
Coming soon - try the new WorldCat Discovery!
Login to Request It! to track your WorldCat ILL requests or to submit a purchase suggestion. Interlibrary Loan Requests will not show in My Account until they are received at DPL.
Loan Requirements and Limits
- A permanent, full-privilege library card is required to use these services.
- You may have 10 active requests at one time in the Request It system, including requests placed through WorldCat and purchase suggestions. See the FAQ for active statuses.
- Customers who have reached their hold limit or have reached the $5 fine limit, are not eligible to place Prospector requests and will see a message that "Your ID is Blocked."
Purchase requests for print and media will be held beginning November 1. Orders will be placed in mid-December.
The library receives many suggestions for purchase. We do our best to fill requests when suggested titles meet our guidelines and are available for purchase.
Purchase requests for pre-release titles will be canceled.
- Please submit purchase suggestions through Request It!
- Purchasing Guidelines for Authors
- Interlibrary Loan & Purchase Suggestion FAQs
Need Help? Contact Us
To check the status of Prospector requests
To check the status of Interlibrary Loan Requests (WorldCat)