Step 1: Search the Library Catalog
Not in our catalog? Proceed to Step 2.
Step 2: Search Prospector
Prospector is a combined catalog from other library collections near Denver. Not available from Prospector? Proceed to Step 3.
Step 3: Search WorldCat to place an Interlibrary Loan (ILL).
WorldCat is a collection of over 2 billion items from libraries across the world.
Use the classic interface.
Login to Request It! to track your WorldCat ILL requests or to submit a purchase suggestion. Interlibrary Loan Requests will not show in My Account until they are received at DPL.
Loan Requirements and Limits
- A permanent, full-privilege library card is required to use these services.
- You may have 10 active requests at one time in the Request It system, including requests placed through WorldCat and purchase suggestions. See the FAQ for active statuses.
- Customers who have reached their hold limit or have reached the $5 fine limit, are not eligible to place Prospector requests and will see a message that "Your ID is Blocked."
The library receives many suggestions for purchase. We do our best to fill requests when suggested titles meet our guidelines and are available for purchase.
Purchase requests for pre-release titles will be canceled.
- Please submit purchase suggestions through Request It!
- Purchasing Guidelines for Authors
- Interlibrary Loan & Purchase Suggestion FAQs
Need Help? Contact Us
To check the status of Prospector requests
To check the status of Interlibrary Loan Requests (WorldCat)