Step 1: Search the Denver Public Library Catalog
Not in our catalog? Proceed to Step 2.
Step 2: Search Prospector and MOBIUS
Prospector and MOBIUS are combined catalogs from regional libraries on one speedy courier system. If something isn't in Prospector, expand your search to MOBIUS by clicking on the MOBIUS link at the top of your search results.
- A permanent, full-privilege library card is required
- Customers who have reached their hold limit or owe fees of $5 or more, are not eligible to place Prospector or MOBIUS requests and will see a message that "Your ID is Blocked."
If the item is not in either catalog, proceed to Step 3.
Step 3: Interlibrary Loan (ILL)
Search WorldCat to place a request in Request It for Interlibrary Loan.
WorldCat provides access to over 2 billion items from libraries across the world. DPL uses the Request It system for all Interlibrary Loan requests. Simply find the item you would like to request in WorldCat and click the "Request this Item Through Interlibrary Loan" button to place your request in our Request It system. You will be asked to register for an account if you are a new Interlibrary Loan user.
For advanced searching try the classic WorldCat interface.
- Limit of 10 active requests at one time
- See complete information about ILL renewals, loan periods, overdues, and more.
- A permanent, full-privilege library card is required for ILL
The library receives many suggestions for purchase. We do our best to fill requests when suggested titles meet our guidelines and are available for purchase.
Purchase requests for pre-release titles will be canceled.
- Please submit purchase suggestions through Request It!
- Purchasing Guidelines for Authors
- Purchase Suggestion FAQs
Need Help? Contact Us
For help placing requests in the DPL Catalog, Prospector, or Interlibrary Loan
Ask Us! 24/7 Online Chat
To check the status of Prospector requests
To check the status of Interlibrary Loan Requests (WorldCat)