What is Geocaching?
Geocaching is a real-world treasure hunting game using GPS-enabled devices such as a smart phone. Participants navigate to a specific set of GPS coordinates and then attempt to find the geocache (container) hidden at that location. See Geocaching 101 for all the information you need to get started!
Find all Denver Public Library Geocaches and Win a Geocoin!
- Print the Denver Public Library Geocache Passport or pick one up at any Denver Public Library location.
- Register for a free membership at geocaching.com
- See the complete list of all Denver Public Library Series GeoTrail.
- When you find the Geocache, sign the logbook and locate and record the special code on your passport, then return the Geocache to its original location.
- The first 200 to complete the series will get a limited edition Denver Public Library Geocoin.
- Coins can be claimed by submitting your completed passport to email@example.com, one coin per family or “geo-nic.”
Will the DPL caches be available after 10/2? My wife and I have been really busy this summer and have 10 more DPL caches to go. We've truly enjoyed finding them and hope they might stick around for a while longer.
Are there many coins left? I'm trying to decide whether or not to start working on this series. I only recently heard about it.
Yes, there are still coins available when you complete the series. I hope you give it a try!
Checking on status of remaining DPL geocoins. Interested in completing the series.
We still have plenty of geocoins left!
This is a great series and all hiders should be commended for their imaginative caches. Well done! Finally finished the series tonight now that Ross-Barnum Library has reopened. It took three visits to that library before we were able to find the cache - three times the charm, eh?
My son is very interested because he likes geocaching and loves coins. Are there coins still available now?
Yes, there are still plenty of coins!
I was told Hadley is closed. Can you still receive a coin without finding Hadley's geocach?