The Denver Public Library is following guidance from City officials on our response to COVID-19.
After careful consideration, we, along with the City & County of Denver and public health officials, have made the difficult decision to temporarily close all Denver Public Library locations to the public beginning Monday, March 16 until further notice.
We recognize that we are a valuable resource for the community but feel this is the responsible thing to do at this point in time. The safety and health of our staff and customers is our top priority. The best way to serve our customers right now is to stop the spread of COVID-19.
The last day customers can pick up holds and borrow items is Sunday, March 15 until the libraries reopen. Please note that many of our locations are normally closed on Sundays - please check the website for updates.
We encourage you to utilize the library’s resources remotely, which are available for free seven days a week:
- Check your library card to view your account or renew items
- Download an eBook, Audio eBook or eFlick
- Stream or download free local music on Volume
- Stream classic films, indie cinema, and award winning documentaries on Kanopy
- Read a magazine using RBdigital, a free service that offers full digital copies of your favorite magazines to view on a computer or mobile device
- Search our databases
- Chat with a librarian 24/7 or email a question
- Listen to streaming music from the Music Online, Classical Music Library, or Smithsonian Global Sound collections
- Browse our Recommendations section for books, movies and music resources
- Register for a library card online
Thank you for your understanding during this difficult time. We will be in close contact with the City & County of Denver and public health officials to determine our next steps. We’ll update you as soon as we know more.
Can I Request Items While the Library is Closed?
Requesting of items through Denver Public Library, including Prospector and WorldCat requests is temporarily suspended during the closure. However, you can keep a list of Denver Public Library titles you want to hold later.
Customer Meeting Room Reservations
- All reservations through May 11 have been canceled. Staff will be in touch to arrange a refund when the library re-opens.
- Reservations after May 11 will remain in place for now.
- No new reservations may be placed at this time.
Do you have questions about what other library services are available during the closure? Please see our frequently asked questions page.
Bạn có những thắc mắc liên quan đến dịch vụ thư viện trong khi thư viện đóng cửa? Xin vui lòng tham khảo thêm tại đây.
ቤተ-መጽሐፍቱ በሚዘጋበት ወቅት ምን ዓይነት አገልግሎቶች እንዳሉ በሚመለከት ጥያቄዎች አሎት? አባኮን ዘውትር የሚጠየቁ የጥያቄዎች ድህረገፅን ይመልከቱ፡፡
هل لديك أسئلة حول ما هي خدمات المكتبة المتاحة أثناء الإغلاق؟ يرجى استخدام هذا الرابط لقراءة الأسئلة الشائعة.
We will update this site with information as it comes. For more information please visit the Denver Department of Public Health and Environment.