Denver Public Library Meeting Space Policy
As an expression of its mission to connect people with information, ideas and experiences to provide enjoyment, enrich lives and strengthen our community, the Denver Public Library provides meeting spaces in the Central Library and branch libraries. While spaces are designed primarily for Denver Public Library programs and use, meeting spaces may be reserved by customers for programs and meetings. These spaces may be used by members of the community for the presentation and exchange of information and opinions of all kinds. The library makes these spaces available on equal terms to all persons and groups, regardless of opinion or affiliation. By making a meeting space available, the library does not sponsor or endorse the views of any group using the space. The library may not be identified as a co-sponsor of a meeting without prior approval. The library is not responsible for personal items or equipment. Approved by the Library Commission, May 15, 2014.
The Denver Public Library welcomes groups and organizations to reserve meeting space at library facilities and requires customers to comply with library meeting space policy and guidelines. The library has the right to preempt any meeting for library use. In such cases, the library will make every reasonable effort to assist the group in reserving another date or library facility. In the event of a cancellation, library staff will notify the responsible party with as much notice as possible.
By the execution below, the undersigned personally and on behalf of any group/organization/individual (the “Group”) listed above, expressly agrees to strictly comply with the following terms and conditions governing use of the requested meeting room and library Premises and further understands and acknowledges that he/she and/or the Group shall be liable to City and County of Denver (the “City”) and the Denver Public Library Commission (the “Commission”) for any failure to comply with these terms and conditions:
- The Group shall use and occupy the room only in a manner consistent with the use or activity described above.
- The Group shall use and occupy the room in a safe, careful and respectful manner, so as not to injure any persons or damage any property in, on or near the room or surrounding library premises.
- The Group shall not do any act or suffer any act to be done during use or occupancy which will in any way mar, deface, alter, injure or damage any part of the room or library premises.
- The Group shall use and occupy the room only in a manner which complies with all applicable Municipal, State and Federal laws, ordinances, executive orders and rules and regulations.
- The City and the Commission shall not be responsible for any Group property while on library premises and the Group hereby releases and discharges the City and the Commission from any and all liability or damages associated with the occupancy or use of the library premises.
- Immediately upon demand, the Group shall pay the cost of any and all damage to the library premises, or loss or theft of property done or caused by the Group or any of its officers, agents, employees, guests or invitees.
- The City and its employees are exclusively authorized to manage and control all library premises and, as such, shall establish and enforce any further rules as may be attached hereto or provided to the Group prior to occupancy or use of any meeting room.
- The City reserves the right to enter any reserved meeting room at any time and for any purpose and further reserves the right, although do not assume a duty, to eject any objectionable person or persons from the library premises. The Group or any guest or invitee does hereby release and discharge the City and the Commission from any liability or damages associated with the exercise of City authority.
- The Group shall defend, release, and indemnify the City and the Commission from all damages, costs, expenses and losses arising out of any liability or claim of liability for any injury to any persons or property sustained or claimed to have been sustained by reason of the use or occupation of the meeting room by the Group or by any act or omission of the Group or any of its officers, agents, employees, guests or invitees during or associated with such use of occupancy; provided however, that the Group need not indemnify the City or the Commission from damages proximately caused by the sole negligence of the City and the Commission.
I, the undersigned, further understand and acknowledge that the City is relying on the representations and commitments contained herein in accepting this reservation and in the event the undersigned is without the necessary authority to bind the Group to the terms and conditions set forth herein he/she shall be personally liable to the City and the Commission for all obligations and duties of the Group specified herein.