Tools and Resources to Support Educators
- Teacher Sets (Ideal for preschool-12th grade): Any Denver Public Library branch can gather a set of materials (books, audiobooks, DVDs, readalongs, music CDs) for you to check out and use in your classroom.
- Educator Library Cards (Ideal for all grades): Educator library cards are available to both formal and informal educators and provide access to additional benefits. Sign up for an educator card at any branch library, wherever curbside or mobile services are available.
- Virtual Early Learning Development Resources & Support: Our Read Aloud YouTube Channel offers ideas for songs, and rhymes in English and Spanish, as well as reading tips. Our early learning specialists provide trainings for parents, educators, and caregivers of children birth through kindergarten that are customizable to fit your needs. Please fill out this form to request a workshop or event.
Opportunities for Students to Engage with the Library
- Library Field Trips (Ideal for all grades): Bring your class to the library for a guided tour and personalized visit. Visit the Field Trip website to submit a request and learn more.
- Classroom Research Visits (Ideal for all grades): Library staff can visit your school or class in person or online for customized research instruction.
- Bookmobile (Ideal for all grades): Denver Public Library’s bookmobile brings friendly library staff and materials for infants to young adults in English and Spanish, serving schools throughout Denver. Schools and communities farthest from library access are prioritized.
- Reading Access & Support (Ideal for all grades): Free eBooks and eMedia are available to anyone with a DPL library card. DPS students may use their student ID to login to Sora and access Denver Public School and Denver Public Library eBooks in the same place. Have your students discover their next favorite book by requesting a personalized reading list or browsing our kid and teen sites. Customers can check out library materials at any branch location.
Research and Homework Support
- Student Research Appointments (Ideal for 7th-12th grade): One-on-one librarian help with your research assignment. Currently offered virtually.
- Ask Us 24/7 Chat Service (Ideal for 5th-12th grade): Online chat with a librarian to get answers to questions, research guidance, and online information. Ask Us! can be used anonymously, with or without a library card. Please review the chat Guidelines for Educators (PDF).
- Research Guides (Ideal for 9th-12th grade): Our research guides introduce you to resources available at the Denver Public Library (books, DVDs, databases), Internet resources, primary sources and search tips. See examples of guides we've created for other educators.
- Homework Resources (Ideal for 3rd-12th grade): Discover databases and other library resources for students.
- Colorado & Western History (Ideal for 4th-12th grade): Find unique information about local historical figures in our Colorful Coloradans Biographies or request a Primary Source Set (images, manuscripts, songs, historic newspapers, etc.) of materials. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.