In partnership with Xcel Energy, the Denver Public Library has portable Power Check meters available for checkout in our circulating collection. Accurate and easy to use, these meters have helped hundreds of individuals and businesses save energy and make appliance decisions. Each meter comes in its own carrying case with instructions. Power Check meters may be reserved for checkout through all Denver Public Library locations.
Power Check Features
Power Check is Easy to Use!
- Plug the Power Check meter into a standard properly grounded 120 volt AC wall outlet
- Plug an appliance into the Power Check meter
- Turn on the appliance
- The Power Check meter displays the appliance's current, minimum and maximum energy use
- View more information about Power Check, including instructions for use in English and Spanish. (PDF)
The Power Check meter will:
- Record electrical usage in watts
- Display cost of energy in dollars
- Capture surge readings
- Record duty cycles
- Help you save money by lowering your electricity bill
Please note: the software to upload Power Check meter information to a personal computer is no longer supported.
Other Energy Resources
State of Colorado Energy Office
The mission of Colorado Energy Office is to promote sustainable economic development in Colorado through advancing the State's energy market and industry to create jobs, increase energy security, lower long-term consumer costs and protect our environment.