The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, or ACA, became the law in 2010 and was upheld by the Supreme Court in 2012. Among its provisions, the ACA requires everyone to have health insurance coverage either through their employer, individually through the Health Insurance Marketplace, or through Expanded Medicaid.
If you already have Medicare, Medicaid or private health insurance and are happy with it, you can keep it. If you want to purchase your insurance through a broker, you can do that, too. If you want to consider the policies certified as qualified health plans in Colorado, then Connect for Health Colorado™ is THE health insurance marketplace to serve you. Colorado Residents will use it to compare plans, apply for financial assistance, and enroll.
Attend one of the scheduled events around Colorado and learn about:
- The value of health insurance
- Colorado's Expanded Medicaid Program
- The new Health Insurance Marketplace Connect for Health Colorado, making it easier to shop for health insurance policies in Colorado
- How tax credits can make the cost of insurance more affordable
- Receiving coverage with a pre-existing condition
- The latest on cancelled health plans
In the meantime, you can:
- learn about the value of health insurance and how it works (PDF)
- find out about upcoming 2018 open enrollment
- browse FAQs
- learn about con men, fraud and scams and how to avoid them
- find Health Coverage Guides
Questions? Call 720-865-1363 or visit your local branch library