This location remains closed for most public operations during bond renovations including ideaLAB services and appointments.
We also run workshops and programs — be sure to check the events & classes calendar regularly!
Where is the ideaLAB?
We are in the Community Technology Center at the Central Library, on the southwest end of Floor 4. Take the elevators up and walk into the computer lab. Head past the Ask Desk - look for our big glass door at the west end of the floor.
What can I make in the ideaLAB?
- 3D Printing: Information about 3D printing including how you can get your file printed by the SM Energy ideaLAB.
- Lulzbot TAZ 6 3D printer
- 2 Lulzbot Mini 3D printers
- Nomad 883 Desktop CNC Mill
- Dremel LC40 Laser Cutter: Please visit our Laser Cutter FAQ page for information on acceptable materials and how to access the laser.
- Recording Studio: Please see our page on Recording Studios for more information about studios throughout the city. The ideaLAB studio is only open when the ideaLAB is open. It is walk-in only, and sessions are generally limited to an hour.
If you would like to reserve studio space ahead of time, you can reserve the Studio in the Community Technology Center, which is open all the hours the Central Library is open.
- Logic Pro
- M-Audio KeyRig 49 Keyboard
- Condenser microphones
- Squier Standard Stratocaster electric guitar
- Akai Pro MPC Element
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe InDesign
- Adobe Photoshop
- Wacom Bamboo Create tablet
- Color Scanner
- Electronics toolkit (solderer, stand, breadboard, etc.)
- Arduino starter pack
- Raspberry Pi
- Circuit Playground
- Cubelets and MOSS Robotics
- Sewing machines
- Rotary cutter, fabric scissors, and cutting mat
- Embroidery Supplies
- Knitting and crochet supplies
- Cricut Air Explore and Maker
- Paint, canvases, brushes
- Button maker
- Dremel 9100 Fortiflex heavy duty flex shaft tool
- Other hand tools for various repair projects
- Adobe After Effects
- Adobe Premier
If you have questions, please contact us at 720-865-1706 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Behavior Agreement and Advisement of Potential Risks Associated with Use of Tools at the Denver Public Library