Welcome to Book Explorers! It’s like a book club for kids that you can do anytime, anywhere. This month we’re talking about Dragons in a Bag by Zetta Elliott. Join our Kids’ Virtual Book Club on July 20 and our Clay Workshop on July 16.
Baby dragons in Brooklyn? When Jaxon gets stuck being babysat by a crotchety older woman while his mom goes to deal with an eviction notice, he certainly doesn't expect the day to take a magical turn. But the older woman turns out to be a witch who takes Jax on the adventure of a lifetime, returning some dragons through space and time to the realm from which they came. Is Jaxon up to the challenge? Find out in this diverse, urban fantasy filled with adventure, time travel, magic, and dragons!
- Jax’s best friend Vik is a dinosaur expert. Who is your best friend? What are they really good at?
- If you were a dragon, what would your strengths or powers be?
What To Read Next
- Tea Dragon Society by Katie O'Neill, lettered by Saida Temofonte, edited by Ari Yarwood
- Green Lantern: Legacy by Minh Lê, illustrated by Andie Tong, color by Sarah Stern, lettered by Ariana Maher
- Root Magic by Eden Royce
- Unicorn Rescue Society: The Creature of the Pines by Adam Gidwitz, illustrated by Hatem Aly
- The Barren Grounds by David A. Robertson