Try out a new creative project at home with the ideaLAB.
In this online session you will learn to sew a small stuffed creature by following along with a printable pattern.
This beginner sewing project will teach you basic hand stitching techniques while customizing a plushie that can be used as a keepsake, decoration, or gift. A video tutorial for the project is available at https://youtu.be/qvN99116UgI if you can't attend the live program or want to review the project at another time.
To follow along with the project you will need:
- Printed pattern (2 pages) - download link. We recommend printing and cutting out pattern pieces prior to event.
- Felt or fabric - a fabric that doesn't fray when cut works best
- Pencil, pen, or chalk - to trace pattern on your fabric.
- Sewing or embroidery thread
- Stuffing, scrap fabric, or cut up plastic bags - to stuff the project with.
- Optional decorating supplies such as buttons, googly eyes, scrap fabric,
- Optional hot glue gun or craft glue for attaching decorations.
This is a casual learning environment, and makers of all skill levels are welcome.
The program will be held on Google Meet at https://meet.google.com/hxp-wzoj-igu. No Google Account or sign-in is required. If you would prefer to call in, you can dial (US) +1 720-477-2249 and then enter the PIN: 711 747 892#
All virtual programs have automated voice to text captioning available. If the program you are attending is hosted with Google Meet, view these instructions. To request a sign language interpreter or live captions for a program hosted on Zoom or in person, contact SignLanguageServices@denvergov.org or 720-913-8487, with a three (3) business-day notice. For other public accommodation requests/concerns related to a disability, please contact DisabilityAccess@denvergov.org.