Work Getting You Down?
Submitted by Tara on May 18, 2010 - 10:50pm
- Office Space - A funnier film has yet to be created that deconstructs the cubicle jungle that embodies the daily life of a majority of office workers. If you've ever fantasized about simply stopping going to work, this is the film for you. "Did you get that memo?"
- Brazil - Terry Gilliam's masterpiece features a daydreaming bureaucrat set against a dystopian future where no one is truly safe. Think you got it bad? Sam Lowry (Jonathan Pryce) has it much worse.
- Men at Work - Garbagemen (brothers Emilio Estevez and Charlie Sheen) stumble into a real stink when they uncover the body of a dead politician. Will these ne'er-do-wells ever achieve their dream of owning their own surf shop? For anyone who's ever wanted to strike out on their own.
- Waiting... - Nearly all of us have worked in a restaurant at one time or another. Hopefully you've never worked in one like this! Not for watching during dinner, this film comes with an extra side of gross!
- Joe Versus the Volcano - A drearier workplace has never been captured on film. One of my all time favorite films, I dare you not to smile and laugh at the original pairing of Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan.
- 9 to 5 - Three secretaries live out their revenge fantasy on their detestable boss. Toe tapping fun, and the eighties clothes and hair make you feel better.
- Swimming with Sharks - A verbally-abused assistant (Frank Whaley) seeks his bloody revenge on his evil boss (Kevin Spacey). I am continually amazed at how much yelling is in this movie.
Finally had enough? Don't go the way of the poor fools in the films featured above! Check out the library's resources for job seekers.