Denver Public Library’s Request It! service is back!
PLEASE NOTE: If your request is for an item coming out in February 2011 or later, we suggest waiting and checking the catalog periodically. The Library is busy processing orders for thousands of recently-released and forthcoming titles, so many of your requests may already be in our "to order" queue. Holding off on submitting purchase requests for a few weeks will help to maximize your 30 request per year limit.
Here are a few tips to get you started:
- You can use Request It! to borrow materials not owned by Denver Public Library.
- If you haven’t already done so, you will need to fill out an easy, one-time registration.
- For those of you who are familiar with the service, the "Borrow From Another Library" link in WorldCat has been restored.
- The Library is busy processing orders for thousands of recently-released and forthcoming titles, so hold off on submitting purchase requests for a few weeks.
- Interlibrary Loan requests will no longer show on your library account until the item has been sent from our Interlibrary Loan office to your designated pickup location, but don’t worry, requests show up immediately in Request It!.
- You can place up to 30 requests per year, including purchase requests. All requests are counted regardless of outcome, so make sure you take a look at the number of owning libraries and hold off on those purchase requests, as mentioned above!
- You can find Request It! and more information about this great service on our Didn’t Find It? page.