Watch Your Languages
The library has many items in Arabic, Chinese, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Spanish and Vietnamese. Don't see your favorite language? Be sure to try Interlibrary Loan for even more choices!
- Eskimo-English / English-Eskimo Dictionary
- In the Land of Invented Languages: Esperanto Rock Stars, Klingon Poets, Loglan Lovers, and the Mad Dreamers Who Tried to Build a Perfect Language by Arika Okrent
- Yiddish with Dick and Jane by Ellis Weiner and Barbara Davilman
- Making Out in Thai by John Clewley
- Navajo/English Dictionary of Verbs by Alyse Neundorf
- Reading the Maya Glyphs by Michael D. Coe and Mark Van Stone
In Their Original Tongue and Translations Too!
- Renflouez le Titanic! (Raise the Titanic!) by Clive Cussler
- Der Steppenwolf: Erzahlung (Steppenwolf) by Hermann Hesse
- Живи и дай умереть (Live and Let Die) by Ian Fleming
Interested in learning a language? The library has many resources to help you, including a database called Mango Languages that can keep track of your lessons and is fun to use!
The Central Library will close early at 2 p.m. on Saturday, October 10 to prepare for the Booklovers Ball. More...