Enduring the same cartoons and repeats of Disney full-length feature films with kids can be exhausting. To make it through the fifth showing of SpongeBob SquarePants, I now play a game: Whose voice is that?!
Many actors are now leading double lives as voice actors or voiceover actors. Their talents make watching repeats possible for me. Here are a few of my recent discoveries:
- SpongeBob SquarePants - Ernest Borgnine as Mermaid Man
- Alice in Wonderland - Alan Richman as Absolem the Blue Caterpillar
- Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs - Al Rocker as Patrick Patrickson
- Kung Fu Panda - Angelina Jolie as Tigress
- Simpsons (various seasons) - Paul Winfield as Lucius Sweet
- Mulan II - Harvey Fierstein as Yao
Next time you're bored with the latest princess or beastly trouble, listen carefully and play "Whose voice is that?!"
I play this game with my kids now that they are older. Many times they have watched non-cartoon movies starring the actors, and recognize the voices they hear in the cartoons. They like being able to match the faces with the voices.
Thanks for your comment!
Another fun game involves audio books. I like to search the catalog with the phrase "read by" and look for actors or public figures who served as readers for a title. I am always surprised by the variety.