Skills of Yesteryear
- Homemade: 101 Beautiful and Useful Craft Projects You Can Make at Home by Ros Badger and Elspeth Thompson
- How to Sew a Button: And Other Nifty Things Your Grandmother Knew by Erin Bried
- Shop Class as Soulcraft: An Inquiry into the Value of Work by Matthew B. Crawford
- Show Me How: 500 Things you Should Know, Instructions for Life from the Everyday to the Exotic by Derek Fagerstrom, Lauren Smith & The Show Me Team
- Made by Hand: My Year of Finding Meaning in a Throwaway World by Mark Frauenfelder
- Back to Basics: A Complete Guide to Traditional Skills edited by Abigail R. Gehring
- Handmade Home: Simple Ways to Repurpose Old Materials into New Family Treasures by Amanda Blake Soule
Have you made something using a book, video or magazine from the library? Send us a picture of your project along with the title of the source you used and we'll add you to the I Made it With the Library page. Submit project photographs, descriptions and book titles to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Central Library will close early at 2 p.m. on Saturday, October 10 to prepare for the Booklovers Ball. More...