Whether you are considering retirement, or just hoping to save some money here and there, the library has many resources to help you live comfortably:
- The Retirement Challenge: Will You Sink or Swim: A Complete Do-It-Yourself Toolkit to Navigate your Financial Future Frank Armstrong with Jason R. Doss
- A Long Bright Future: An Action Plan for a Lifetime of Happiness, Health, and Financial Security by Laura L. Carstensen
- Energy Efficient Homes for Dummies by Rik DeGunther
- Toward a Zero Energy Home: A Complete Guide to Energy Self-Sufficiency at Home by David Johnson & Scott Gibson
- Energy-Wise Landscape Design: A New Approach for Your Home and Garden by Sue Reed; illustrations by Kate Dana
- The Smartest Retirement Book You'll Ever Read by Daniel R. Solin
- Save Energy and Cut Your Bills by Nick White
In partnership with Xcel Energy, the Denver Public Library has added portable Watts Up? meters to our circulating collection. Accurate and easy to use, these meters have helped hundreds of individuals and businesses save energy and make savvy appliance decisions. Each meter comes in its own carrying case with instructions. Watts Up? meters may be reserved for checkout through all Denver Public Library locations.
Check out the library's Greenprint resources for more information about sustainability.
The Central Library will close early at 2 p.m. on Saturday, October 10 to prepare for the Booklovers Ball. More...