The end of the year is often a time of personal reflection and goal setting. Whether you are looking for motivation, direction or are looking to assess or sharpen your skills, the library can help! Ask your local librarian to direct you to the Motivation and Conduct of Life sections of the library.
Generally, these books reside around the 153s or 158s, but specific titles or subjects you are looking for may be shelved elsewhere.
- Carrots and Sticks: Unlocking the Power of Incentives to Get Things Done by Ian Ayres
- Your Life on Purpose: How to Find What Matters and Create the Life You Want by Matthew McKay, John P. Forsyth, and Georg H. Eifert
- Drive: The Surprising Truth about What Motivates Us by Daniel H. Pink
- Strengths Finder 2.0 by Tom Rath
- Happy: Simple Steps to Get the Most Out of Life by Ian K. Smith
For those looking to sharpen their computer skills be sure to check out our Community Technology Center. They offer fantastic classes with patient and kind teachers. For those looking for volunteer opportunies, please contact your local library to discuss the many options and perks you have as a volunteer.