Celebrate National Native American Heritage Month by taking note of tremendous music honoring the traditions and experiences of the indigenous peoples of North America. Native American music often features flute and drums and can be spiritually healing or provide a rousing rhythm to move to.
- Come to Me Great Mystery: Native American Healing Songs
- Circle Dance Songs from Death Valley by Gayle Hanson-Johnson
- Traditional Lakota Songs by William Horncloud
- Music from a Painted Cave by Robert Mirabal with The Rare Tribal Mob
- Canyon Trilogy by R. Carlos Nakai
- Temptations Cree Round Dance Songs by Northern Cree Singers
- Traditional Lakota Songs by Porcupine Singers
- Orenda Native American Songs of Life by Joanne Shenandoah and Lawrence Laughing
- Intonation Harmonized Songs from the Southern Plains by Alex E. Smith and Cheevers Toppah
- Takini Musique et Chants des Lakota Sioux d'Amérique du Nord
- Traditional Navajo Songs
- Bone Days by John Trudell
- Dance with the Wind by Mary Youngblood
Listen to Native American music and more online via the database Smithsonian Global Sound. Available in the library or from home with your library card.