Move for a Healthier Life
As a 40-something librarian who had a great-grandmother live to be 106 years old, I have wondered if there were steps I could take to make all my years healthy ones. I have read several books that explained how important it is to move. The authors take a sensible approach. We will not live forever, but by moving and taking other simple steps, we can live healthier, longer lives. Join me in moving! If you have any concerns about starting an exercise program, please consult with your healthcare provider first.
- Move a Little, Lose a Lot by James A. Levine, M.D., Ph.D. and Selene Yeager
- The Secret Life of the Grown-Up Brain by Barbara Strauch
- Live a Little!: Breaking the Rules won’t Break Your Health by Susan M. Love, M.D., Alice D. Domar, Ph.D., with Leigh Ann Hirschman
- Strong Women Stay Young by Miriam E. Nelson, Ph.D. with Sarah Wernick, Ph.D.
- The Longevity Prescription by Robert N. Butler, M.D
We are having intermittent website connectivity issues and are working to fix this. Affected sites include the Catalog and My Account.