Celebrate Colorado's 134th anniversary of becoming a state on Sunday, August 15 at 3pm by exploring the rich diversity of the Colorado Book Awards. Pick from the wide selection of winners, or other books celebrating our great state! Share what you're reading or just come to learn about titles that you'll want to read.
- The Blue Tattoo: The Life of Olive Oatman by Margot Mifflin.
- Just Like Us: The True Story of Four Mexican Girls Coming of Age in America by Helen Thorpe
- Voices of the American West by Corinne Platt & Meredith Ogilby
- A Dozen on Denver: Stories edited by the Rocky Mountain News
- On the Backs of Burros: Bringing Civilization to Colorado by P. David Smith and Lyn Bezek
- The Colorado Whoopenhollars: Living a Good Life Despite the Great Depression by Jean Rutherford Duaine
Historical Fiction Set in Colorado
- Tales from the Trappers' Trail by Kay Beth Faris Avery
- Wolves at the Door by Thomas A. Chown
- Prayers for Sale by Sandra Dallas
- The Parlor House Daughter by Joanne Sundell
- Snowbound by Richard S. Wheeler