Whether you make your own ice cream, or like to visit the many great local ice cream parlors, the library has the scoop on everything ice cream.
- Spice Dreams: Flavored Ice Creams and Other Frozen Treats by Sara Engram
- Gingerbread: Timeless Recipes for Cakes, Cookies, Desserts, Ice Cream, and Candy by Jennifer Lindner McGlinn
- Frozen Desserts by Francisco Migoya
- The Perfect Scoop: Ice Creams, Sorbets, Granitas, and Sweet Accompaniments by David Lebovitz
- The Ice Cream Maker Companion: 100 Easy-to-Make Frozen Desserts of All Kinds by Avner Laskin
- Serendipity Sundaes: Ice Cream Constructions & Frozen Concoctions by Stephen Bruce
- A Passion for Ice Cream: 95 Recipes for Fabulous Desserts by Emily Luchetti
- The Complete Idiot's Guide to Homemade Ice Cream by Dick Warren with Bobbi Dempsey
- Ice Cream: A History Marilyn Powell
- Gelato!: Italian Ice Creams, Sorbetti & Granite text & recipes by Pamela Sheldon Johns
No Dairy? No Problem! Read more about food allergies and substituting foods creatively on New Mommy's blog.
- Vice Cream: Gourmet Vegan Desserts by Jeff Rogers
- Soy Desserts: 101 Fresh, Fun & Fabulously Healthy Recipes by Patricia Greenberg
- Yogurt: More than 70 Delicious & Healthy Recipes by Sarina Jacobson
Which local ice cream parlor is your favorite? Denver has many to choose from! Here's a taste:
- Bonnie Brae Ice Cream Parlor
- Liks Ice Cream
- Little Man Ice Cream
- Pinkberry Frozen Yogurt
- Red Trolley
- Sweet Action Ice Cream
Spending money at these and other local treasures not only helps keep these businesses alive, but also generates much needed revenue that helps to fund the library! Run, catch that ice cream truck!
I love Sweet Action Ice Cream. They run on wind power, use local organic ingredients and often have vegan ice cream options!
If you like to make your own ice cream try Chocolate Stranahans Whiskey ice cream based on a recipe in Frank Stitt's Southern Table. Delicious!