Colorado is rich with history and lore. Many historical figures have called Colorado home. Their houses, some now museums, offer an educational and entertaining experience for all ages. Travel back in time without leaving the state with a little help from the library.
The Central Library is within blocks of two historic homes. The Byers-Evans House Museum reflects Denver in the early 1920's and is decorated with the original furnishings. The Molly Brown House Museum celebrates the Titanic's most famous survivor and Denver during the Victorian era. These are but two of Colorado's many notable locations.
- The Mansions of Denver: The Vintage Years by James Bretz
- Gaslights and Gingerbread: Colorado's Historic Homes by Sandra Dallas
- Denver Dwellings and Descendants by Sally Davis and Betty Baldwin
- Denver's Historic Mansions, Citadels to the Empire Builders by Edith Kohl
- The Walls Talk: Historic House Museums of Colorado by Patricia Werner