Celebrate Teen Read Week October 17-23
"Teens have so many options for entertainment, so it's important to remind them to spend time reading for pleasure: it's free, fun, and can be done anywhere! Research shows that teens who read for fun have better test scores and are more likely to succeed in the workforce." - American Library Association
So get involved! During Teen Read Week, teens can review a book for a chance to win a prize and participate in fun events going on at several locations. While you're celebrating, be sure to check out the winners of our Teen Read Week sticker contest. And don't forget the best thing about Teen Read Week: Books! Try Books with Suggested Music and the Teens' Top Ten.
Parents of teens are encouraged to celebrate Teen Read Week as well. Try one of these ideas:
- Visit the library with your teen to attend a program or to check out books.
- Set aside time each night for the family to read.
- Share your favorite book with your teen.
- Go online with your teen to learn about new books or authors. Try the book lists on our teen site, eVolver or lists and awards from YALSA (Young Adult Library Services Association).;
- Encourage your teen to submit book reviews!
Enjoy Teen Read Week, thanks for celebrating with us!