Sweepin' the clouds away / On my way to where the air is sweet / Can you tell me how to get, / How to get to Sesame Street...
Sesame Street premiered on public broadcasting television stations on November 10, 1969. It was the first show of its kind based on educational research and helped many children prepare for and succeed in school! Over its 41 year history, Sesame Street has produced over 4,000 shows.
The library owns hundreds of DVDs with Elmo, Abby, Zoe, Baby Bear, Grover, Big Bird, Oscar the Grouch, Cookie Monster, The Count, Bert, Ernie and all your Sesame Street pals!
- Follow That Bird!
- Sesame Street: 20 Years - and Still Counting!
- Sesame Street: 40 Years of Sunny Days
- Sesame Street: Old School, 1969-1974 Vol. 1
- Sesame Street: Old School, 1974-1979 Vol. 2
Books about Sesame Street:
- Street Gang: The Complete History of Sesame Street by Michael Davis
- Sesame Street: A Celebration: 40 Years of Life on the Street by Louise A. Gikow
- Children and Television: Lessons from Sesame Street by Gerald S. Lesser
- Getting to Sesame Street: Origins of the Children's Television Workshop by Richard M. Polsky
- The Wisdom of Big Bird (and the Dark Genius of Oscar the Grouch): Lessons from a Life in Feathers by Caroll Spinney with J. Milligan