Isaac Asimov was born Isaak Yudovich Ozimov on January 2, 1920 and died on April 6, 1992. During those 72 years, he wrote or edited over 500 books and was published in nine out of the ten Dewey Decimal categories.*
Biographies of Isaac Asimov include:
- I. Asimov: A Memoir by Isaac Asimov
- It's Been a Good Life Isaac Asimov edited by Janet Jeppson Asimov
- Yours, Isaac Asimov: A Lifetime of Letters edited by Stanley Asimov
- Isaac Asimov: Master of Science Fiction by Karen Judson
For more Asimov, be sure to browse your library's collection of Science Fiction and Fantasy fiction. My personal favorite is I, Robot published in 1950. His stories exploring the fictional history of robots made an indelible mark on the genre. In 2004 The Saturday Evening Post said that Asimov's Three Laws, introduced in I, Robot, "revolutionized the science fiction genre and made robots far more interesting than they ever had been before."
If you love robots, you'll love Isaac Asimov. Which of his hundreds of published works is your favorite?
* The exception is the 100s - philosophy and psychology.