The Denver International Airport officially opened on February 28, 1995 and remains the only major airport opened in the last 25 years. DIA is proud to have the largest solar farm at any commercial airport in the United States of America. Interested in learning more fun facts about DIA?
Want to learn more about DIA and its unique history?
- Fentress Bradburn Architects' Gateway to the West: Designing the Passenger Terminal Complex at Denver International Airport by Jessica Sommers
- DIA and Other Scams by Phil Goodstein
- Denver International Airport: Lessons Learned by Paul Stephen Dempsey, Andrew R. Goetz, and Joseph S. Szyliowicz
- Stapleton International Airport: The First Fifty Years by Jeff Miller
Do you love to travel? Be sure to attend these great upcoming programs:
Travel Like a Flight Attendant - Friday, March 11, 4:30 p.m. at the Ross-Cherry Creek Branch Library
- Join former flight attendant James Rogers as he shares insider tips, advice, and travel stories. James is a librarian in Western History and Genealogy at the Denver Public Library who has a passion for travel and history.
Around the World Trip - Thursday, March 24, 2 p.m at the Schlessman Family Branch Library
- What do you do with an around the world plane ticket? Come find out how to plan such a big trip and see photos from the various destinations visited by Kevin Ward & Jennifer Speer.