This month inspire yourself with some poet/ry based films!
- Poetic Justice Justice (played by Janet Jackson) deals with her grief by turning to poetry.
- Dead Poets Society This Academy Award winning film concerns a boys boarding school in the late 1950's and how a group of students get a shake up when their new teacher introduces them to poetry.
- A Woman Ranching in the Rockies This documentary focuses on the legendary cowboy poet Peggy Godfrey and twelve of her poems. It also reveals how she transforms preconceptions about a woman's role in ranching life.
- The Edge of Love Follows the tale of a reunion between Dylan Thomas and a former teenage love and the consequences that follow.
- The Color of Pomegranates: Nṛan guyně An art house appeal movie which reveals the life of the Armenian poet Aruthin Sayadin.
- Il Postino: The Postman An Italian Film in which Pablo Neruda is living in exile on a small island near Sicily during the 1950s. Neruda befriends the local postman and uses his poetry to aid in seducing the lovely Beatrice.
- Bright Star A lovely film about the love between John Keats and his muse Fanny Brawne. A compelling story executed with the visual elegance that is a Jane Campion trademark.