Going on vacation with Slash
These stories will surely make any vacation debauchery seem tame in comparison. So if you find yourself cringing after a night of too many margaritas, take solace in knowing that the boys of Mötley Crüe have you beat by a mile. Seriously.
- The Dirt: Confessions of the World's Most Notorious Rock Band (Mötley Crüe) This read is as addicting as the drugs these bad boys of rock consumed through the years.
- Red: My Uncensored Life in Rock (Sammy Hagar) Having seen pictures of Eddie Van Halen recently I figure Sammy Hagar has got to have a few crazy stories to tell.
- Slash This is going on vacation with me and if the pictures are any indication, it's going to be a crazy ride.
- Does the Noise in My Head Bother You? (Steven Tyler) I'm still reeling from the recent story of Tyler being kicked out of the band after his umpteenth trip to rehab. Did the rest of the guys really think Aerosmith would be Aerosmith without Steven Tyler?
- I'm With the Band (Pamela Des Barres) This reissue contains an afterword that allows us to catch up with the last 15 years of Ms. Des Barres's adventures.
I'll be hanging with Slash later this month. Who will you be vacationing with?
The Central Library will close early at 2 p.m. on Saturday, October 10 to prepare for the Booklovers Ball. More...