Girls Rock Denver seeks to empower young women and girls by putting instruments in their hands and unveiling what they already possess in their feet, fingertips, vocal cords, hearts, and minds.
- Girls should be seen and heard.
- Potential is not dictated by gender.
- In providing girls with a nonjudgmental space in which to be themselves.
- In a girl's right to confidence, self-reliance, and courage.
- Girls should be encouraged to express themselves with creativity and enthusiasm.
- In the power of women and girls learning from each other.
In honor of this performance, a list of influential women rockers!
- Aretha Franklin
- Debbie Harry
- Joan Jett
- Janis Joplin
- Carole King
- Gladys Knight
- Stevie Nicks
- Queen Latifah
- Grace Slick
- Patti Smith
- Tina Turner
- Ann & Nancy Wilson