Make plans to attend the free concert in the park and accompanying fireworks display on Saturday, July 3 at Denver's Civic Center Park, located at 14th and Broadway, at 8pm! Picnics encouraged!
In conjunction with the Biennial of the Americas and the opening of the Colorado Symphony's summer season, come celebrate the revitalized Greek Theatre as part of the Better Denver Bond project and most importantly, our nation's birth, brought to you by The Civic Center Conservancy, The Colorado Symphony and The Denver Office of Cultural Affairs.
The concert will include performances of:
- The Star-Spangled Banner (Key)
- The National Emblem March (Bagley)
- The Typewriter and Bugler's Holiday (Andersen)
- An American in Paris (Gershwin)
- The Gladiator March (Sousa)
- America the Beautiful (Arr. Dragon)
- The 1812 Overture (Tchaikovsky)
- The Stars and Stripes Forever (Sousa)
- Johnny Cash's America
- The Spirit of America by Daniel Rodriguez
- Let Freedom Ring by Anthony Burger
- America's Favorite Patriotic Songs by the Don Marsh Orchestra
- America: The Golden Dream by The St. John's Cathedral Choir and Orchestra; St. John's Festival Orchestra; Aries Brass Quintet with the Denver Brass
Don't forget about the vast selection of free streaming music available from the library's website and databases!
I would add Steve Earle's Just An American Boy
Thanks Melinda! I hadn't heard of Just An American Boy but I can't wait to listen to it now!