Films for the Fourth
Submitted by Tara on July 1, 2010 - 7:40pm
- Glory - A group of soldiers overlooked in history fight for the betterment of their country.
- All the President's Men - A tantalizing mystery that reinforces the Founding Fathers' belief in Freedom of the Press.
- Yankee Doodle Dandy - A biographical portrait of George M. Cohan who performed many patriotic songs.
- The Patriot - Mel Gibson fights for family and country against the British in this Revolutionary War film.
- Patriot Games - American intelligent analyst is targeted by terrorists after heroically foiling an assassination plot.
- Air Force One - I'd vote for Harrison Ford for President.
- 1776 - The movie version of the Broadway musical portraying the time up to the signing of the Declaration of Independence.
- Born on the Fourth of July - Based on a true story, a Vietnam vet struggles with life's challenges after his return home from the war.
- Johnny Tremain - A young man is drawn into the fight for his young nation.
- The American President - Presidents need love too.
- Dave - Kevin Kline plays an actor brought in to fill in for the ailing President, only he does a little too good of a job!
- Independence Day - While it is more about aliens than independence, it is inspiring!
- Holiday Inn - Fred Astaire's "Let's Say it with Firecrackers" is a great way to kick off the weekend!
The Central Library will close early at 2 p.m. on Saturday, October 10 to prepare for the Booklovers Ball. More...