Not ready to grow your own vegetables but still want to partake of the freshest produce? Farmers' Markets are a dream come true. From flowers, artisan bread, local honey, pastas and vegetables - the Farmers' Market has it all! It's easy to find the closest one, and they often go until Halloween!
My favorite farmers' market is the Old South Pearl Street Farmers' Market. Featuring the best of my neighborhood and the rest of Colorado, it's always a lovely way to spend a Sunday morning. Which local Farmers' Market is your favorite? Even when the season is over, you can still partake of the best of Colorado's produce by joining a local CSA!
- Farmers' Market Desserts: Gorgeous Fruit Recipes from First-Prize Peach Pie to Easy Chocolate Cherry Cupcakes by Jennie Schacht
- Cooking from the Farmers' Market recipes by Tasha De Serio & Jodi Liano
- Eating Local: The Cookbook Inspired by America's Farmers by Sur La Table with Janet Fletcher
- EatingWell in Season: The Farmers' Market Cookbook by Jessie Price and the editors of EatingWell
- The Farm to Table Cookbook: The Art of Eating Locally Ivy Manning
- The Local Food Movement by Amy Francis
- The San Francisco Ferry Plaza Farmers' Market Cookbook by Christopher Hirsheimer and Peggy Knickerbocker
- Eat Here: Reclaiming Homegrown Pleasures in a Global Supermarket by Brian Halweil
- Local Flavors: Cooking and Eating from America's Farmers' Markets by Deborah Madison
- Colorado Farmers' Market Cookbook: Delicious Recipes & Tips Fresh from Colorado Farmers' Markets & Chefs
For the Kids
- Farmers Market by Carmen Parks
- Market Day by Carol Foskett Cordsen
- Farmer's Market Rounding by Julie Dalton