Learn to Maintain Your Home Computer
- Clean up disk errors by running Check Disk once a week.
- Remove temporary files by running Disk Cleanup once a week.
- Optimize your data by running Disk Defragmenter once a week.
- Make Internet Explorer run faster-Clear your cache, and delete temporary internet files.
- Automate Windows Update.
- Remove spyware with an anti-spyware program, and use antivirus software help protect your computer from viruses.
Not sure how? Follow these step by step instructions from Microsoft.
Want to know more? Come to our FREE class to learn about FREE software to help you maintain and enhance your PC. Tuesday, May 24, 5:30-7:30 p.m. Community Technology Center, Level 4, Central Library. No registration required.
The Central Library will close early at 2 p.m. on Saturday, October 10 to prepare for the Booklovers Ball. More...