Ms. Blakemore, author of The Heroine’s Bookshelf: Life Lessons from Jane Austen to Laura Ingalls Wilder, shows us how heroines from classic literature, and their creators, lived with grace, intelligence, and aplomb and how we may emulate them. Join us on Saturday, November 6, 10 a.m. at the Schlessman Family Branch Library.
More Books on Influential Women in Literature:
- A Bookshelf of Our Own: Works that Changed Women's Lives by Deborah G. Felder
- The Supergirls: Fashion, Feminism, Fantasy, and the History of Comic Book Heroines by Mike Madrid
- Girl Sleuth: Nancy Drew and the Women who Created Her by Melanie Rehak
- A Jury of her Peers: American Women Writers from Anne Bradstreet to Annie Proulx by Elaine Showalter
- Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History by Laurel Thatcher Ulrich