"...I've got the Homework Blues"
With only your library card in hand you are armed with an arsenal of homework help for all ages. Our database selection is available 24/7 so you can be the parental role model you've always wanted to be. Share this knowledge with "your" special student and then gleefully leave them to do their own work. Here are some favorites divided into age groups that are sure to please.
- CultureGrams (select Kids edition) - Information about countries and states. Find recipes, flags, maps, and information about everyday life.
- Kids Search - Students can search by keyword on topics such as animals, geography, math or the news.
- Primary Search for Elementary School Research - Full-text magazine articles for elementary school research. All articles are assigned a reading level indicator.
- Searchasaurus - Search by keyword or by topic to find the most useful search results.
Middle & High School students:
- Academic Search Premier - Full-text articles from a variety of sources including peer-reviewed journals from many disciplines.
- America's Newspapers - Full-text of the Denver Post, the Rocky Mountain News and hundreds of newspapers nationwide.
- CQ Researcher - In-depth analysis of topics in the news ranging from social and teen issues to environment, health, education, science and technology. Covers all sides of the issues.
- InfoTrac OneFile - One-stop source for news and periodical articles on a wide range of topics. Millions of full-text articles, many with images.
- Literature Resource Center - Biographical, bibliographical, and critical content. Find literary figures from all time periods writing in such genres as fiction, nonfiction, poetry, drama, history, journalism and more.
- MAS Ultra for High School Research - Full-text magazines, reference books, biographies, primary source documents, and an image collection of photos, maps and flags, color pdfs and expanded full-text backfiles to 1975 for key magazines.
- New York Times Current from Newsbank - Full-text of the New York Times from 1985 to present.
- New York Times Historical Backfile on Proquest - Contains full-text and images in pdf format of the New York Times from 1851 to 2008.
- Student Research Center - Reference essays, magazine and journal articles, newspaper articles and primary source documents, historical timelines, biographies and classroom topics.
- TOPIC Search - Explore current events, social, political and economic issues, scientific discoveries and other popular topics.
And if these don't do the trick check out DPL's Homework Help sites for kids and teens. These links to homework websites and mega websites by subject area have been selected by library staff for their reliability and ease of use.
The Central Library will close early at 2 p.m. on Saturday, October 10 to prepare for the Booklovers Ball. More...