Cherry Creek Arts Festival
If art crime thrills you, you might be interested in the book list Forgers, Filchers and Fakes.
When in the main library, be sure to visit the Photography of Roger Whitacre Exhibit, the Hazlo Ahora Photography Exhibit and the wonderful art work always on display in the Western History and Genealogy Department.
The library would love to see your art and know which books you found helpful in creating it! I Made It With the Library displays the creativity and artistry alive in Denver today!
- The Business of Being an Artist by Daniel Grant
- Art-work: Everything You Need to Know (and Do) as You Pursue Your Art Career by Heather Darcy Bhandari and Jonathan Melber
- How to Survive and Prosper as an Artist: Selling Yourself Without Selling Your Soul by Caroll Michels
- 30 Millennia of Painting
- Art: Over 2,500 Works from Cave to Contemporary foreword by Ross King
- The Power of Art by Simon Schama
Sharpening Your Skills:
- Practical Course in Drawing and Painting: Techniques, Advice, and Step-by-Step Exercises by Gabriel Martín Roig
- See it, Be it, Write it: Using Performing Arts to Improve Writing Skills and Test Scores by Hope Sara Blecher-Sass and Maryellen Moffitt
- Photography: The Complete Digital Guide by John Freeman
Incorporating Art into Your Home:
- The Artful Home: Using Art & Craft to Create Living Spaces You'll Love by Toni Sikes
- At Home with Pictures: Arranging & Displaying Photos, Artwork & Collections by Paige Gilchrist
- The New Decorating with Pictures: Collecting Art and Photography and Displaying it in Your Home by Stephanie Hoppen
For the Kids:
The Central Library will close early at 2 p.m. on Saturday, October 10 to prepare for the Booklovers Ball. More...